Monday, August 20, 2007

The kiss

Today I find myself thinking about all of my wonderful friends. Since I've met them I've noticed the girls greet with a hug and kiss to the cheek. The guys greet the other guys with a hand shake, or a what's up kind of manly hello!
So, as I think about my friends, my thoughts go to the cheek kiss. When did this start? Where did it come from? I've seen it as a little kid and more so in the last couple of years.

How did I function before I met all of these, my grown up friends?

My friends are great and they bring out the feeling of home, the feeling of putting roots down in a place. I haven't felt that feeling since I lived in NE. It's that feeling you have when you've been in a place for so long. Growing up in NE everything felt familiar. I moved away in 2004 and haven't had that until this spring.



I've missed that wonderful feeling of belonging to a place, to a group of friends, and now on top of all that....I'm seeing someone that makes me equally happy about life.

Just when you think your life can't get any fuller, something unexpected occurs and life is overflowing!
gushing!
lovely!
beautiful!

Happy Birthday Carley!
that was
a great
b-day
party!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah geez, we think you're pretty special too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great work.